If you have health insurance that you would like to use to cover some of the costs of your care read on.

I am not a contracted provider and I do not offering a billing service for health insurance.  However I am registered as an out-of-network provider.  If your insurance company provides benefits that cover out of network care you may be able to receive reimbursement for some portion of your sessions.  All insurance carriers and plans are different, so you’ll have to check your specific benefits.

It can be difficult to find a provider in your particular plans limited network, so it’s useful to know how to work with someone out-of-network.

In order to use your health insurance you will need to:

  1. Determine the benefits of your plan for out-of-network care.
  2. Obtain a Doctor’s Referral (sometimes called a prescription) for massage.  This should include a number.  This is the Diagnosis Code
  3. Obtain a receipt from your care provider (me in this case) that has the providers NPI (National Provide Identifier), License Number, Tax ID Number and a Procedure Code.
  4. Fill out a Member Reimbursement Form and submit it (the claim) to your insurance carrier, along with the other documentation.  Keep copies for your records.

If you would like assistance with some or all of these steps you can hire the friendly folks at Empower Billing. The estimated cost per claim submission is between $5 and $10.

Start typing and press Enter to search